This forum since …

This forum since …

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19d

@great-big-stees said
I heard, from a little bird, that he/she can bend steel with his brain.😲
My you're getting silly as you get older stees. 😛

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
19d

@great-big-stees said
I heard, from a little bird, that he/she can bend steel with his brain.😲
Like Uri Geller?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19d

@torunn said
Like Uri Geller?
No it appears he is getting at that time in his life where he believes what ever he hears or the little birds tell him. 🙂

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
19d

@torunn said
Drew is not an old woman but I am, and I love it.
You’re a little older than I but I’d never call you an old woman as you have a great zest and passion for life. My idea of old is someone who shuffles about in slippers and sits around all day watching TV.

Gothenburg

Moves
19d
1 edit

@drewnogal said
You’re a little older than I but I’d never call you an old woman as you have a great zest and passion for life. My idea of old is someone who shuffles about in slippers and sits around all day watching TV.
🙂 Thank you. May that day never come. I have an app on my mobile counting steps when I walk - today it measured 9,700. I think it's good to compare on a day-to-day basis, preferably an average of 6,000 over the week.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19d

@drewnogal said
I must say you are covering a lot of retired people especially in the winter time, when they can't get outside. Remember the day will come when you have difficulty getting around and wind up in your housecoat and slippers sitting around watching TV or on your computer all day. We just don't know from day to day what life will happen to throw our way as we get older.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19d
1 edit

@torunn said
🙂 Thank you. May that day never come. I have an app on my mobile counting steps when I walk - today it measured 9,700. I think it's good to compare on a day-to-day basis, preferably an average of 6,000 over the week.
Hey if we happen to be over 65 we are seniors whether we like or not. 😉

I'd give you a race if you were closer, but I'd have to get some sneakers on instead of my slippers. 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
19d
1 edit

@very-rusty said

I'd give you a race if you were closer, but I'd have to get some sneakers on instead of my slippers. 🙂

-VR
I don't mind being senior, I retired from work 20 years ago, it's a good way to live. Don't you use sneakers outdoors?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
19d

@very-rusty said
I must say you are covering a lot of retired people especially in the winter time, when they can't get outside. Remember the day will come when you have difficulty getting around and wind up in your housecoat and slippers sitting around watching TV or on your computer all day. We just don't know from day to day what life will happen to throw our way as we get older.

-VR
Did I say there was anything wrong in being old? No, I didn’t. I just gave my idea of what I’d be like when I’d think that I was old.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
19d
1 edit

@torunn said
Excellent, daily walking is one of the best ways of looking after your physical and mental health. I read that walking on uneven surfaces like through natural woodland and hillsides is good for your brain because of the subtle challenge of trying not to trip up. Use it or lose it 🙂

What are your steps in kilometres?

Über-Nerd

Moves
19d
2 edits

@very-rusty said

-VR
I honestly don't know remember where my 50s went. They zoomed by so quickly. I passed 65 several years ago. I now consider myself to have arrived at 'advanced middle age.'

Gothenburg

Moves
19d

@drewnogal said
Excellent, daily walking is one of the best ways of looking after your physical and mental health. I read that walking on uneven surfaces like through natural woodland and hillsides is good for your brain because of the subtle challenge of trying not to trip up. Use it or lose it 🙂

What are your steps in kilometres?
Today the app says 6,8 km, an hour and a half. I can't say if it is accurate but at least I use the same app to compare every day.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
18d

@torunn said
Today the app says 6,8 km, an hour and a half. I can't say if it is accurate but at least I use the same app to compare every day.
Well done, that’s very good. I use Google Earth to mark out the perimiter of my cross country walks which then gives me an accurate distance.

Gothenburg

Moves
18d

@drewnogal said
Well done, that’s very good. I use Google Earth to mark out the perimiter of my cross country walks which then gives me an accurate distance.
You take care of yourself in an excellent way.

Gothenburg

Moves
18d

@moonbus said
I honestly don't know remember where my 50s went. They zoomed by so quickly. I passed 65 several years ago. I now consider myself to have arrived at 'advanced middle age.'
Advanced middle age sounds fine. 🙂