This forum since …

This forum since …

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
19d

@Very-Rusty said
@Drewnogal

What happened? I've never seen you get so many red thumbs. Could it have something to do with the company you keep? Just curious is all.

-VR
You’re asking me if I mind that PT’s fanbase is thumbing me down; a fanbase that approves of his hypocrisy and self perceived righteousness? Well I don’t.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19d
2 edits

@drewnogal said
You’re asking me if I mind that PT’s fanbase is thumbing me down; a fanbase that approves of his hypocrisy and self perceived righteousness? Well I don’t.
I was not aware Pt had a fan base thumbing you down? Perhaps some people just don't like the company you keep now, is the only thing I can figure out. Hypocrisy and self perceived righteousness seems to run ramped and term used quite frequently by many different people. I remember a time when you got the rare red thumb, now it is a surprise when you don't get one. That would make me think that maybe your persona has changed in a way some don't like for reasons of their own. I don't believe PT has a fanbase at all.

-VR

Moves
19d

I have, sometimes wondered why “some” people, who have opposing views, can’t just agree to disagree and “let it go”. I am likely naive in my wonder but it seems to me that there is no need for vitriol.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19d
1 edit

@drewnogal said
Rusty loves thumbs; after all he has 4 of them.

Gothenburg

Moves
19d

@great-big-stees said
I have, sometimes wondered why “some” people, who have opposing views, can’t just agree to disagree and “let it go”. I am likely naive in my wonder but it seems to me that there is no need for vitriol.
I think it's all about disagreeing and arguing - a lot of posts saying nothing really.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
19d

@torunn said
I think it's all about disagreeing and arguing - a lot of posts saying nothing really.
I disagree.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19d
1 edit

@torunn said
Haha.

Whereas the tavern thread….

Gothenburg

Moves
19d

@divegeester said
Haha.

Whereas the tavern thread….
is a place to relax and agree.

Über-Nerd

Moves
19d

@the-gravedigger said
I disagree.
I disagree with your disagreement.

Disagreeable people should be lined up and shot.

Their dogs should be shot, too. Twice.

Über-Nerd

Moves
19d

@torunn said
"Whereof we cannot speak, thereof we should say nothing really."

Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico-Bombasticus

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19d

@moonbus said
Leave the dogs alone Sir… dogs represent the pinnacle of evolution

Über-Nerd

Moves
19d

@divegeester said
Leave the dogs alone Sir… dogs represent the pinnacle of evolution
Negative. It's cats. Cats, I tell you. We domesticated dogs, but cats domesticated us. They took one look around at all the animals in Eden and asked themselves, 'which one is most likely to invent tin openers if we rub ourselves against their legs and purr?' Yup, we're it.

Moves
19d

@drewnogal said
A loud ringing in my ears woke me up at an ungodly hour.

I hear you! And if I were to speak as the misogynist divegeester does, using his words, I would say that you are talking like an "old woman."

On the other hand, speaking for myself, I would just say that you are speaking foolishly. Foolishness is not gender-specific, although age can have a bearing on it.

If there is any righteousness in me, it's only the realization that we are all hypocrites, more or less, and we live in a world full of hypocrisy. The problem is that many will not admit their own, and merely point the finger at others. It's impossible for anyone to point out others' hypocrisy and unrighteousness without being those very things oneself. It's just impossible.

Thumbs are specific fingers, as it need not be the index finger to make a point, and any finger will do, as the situation warrants.

At a cost to myself and to my image, I only point out those I care for and love. I must love the world, more or less, since are all full of it, more or less.

If you are an old woman, you probably liked this song a lot more than you "like" me.

Gothenburg

Moves
19d

@pettytalk said
A loud ringing in my ears woke me up at an ungodly hour.

I hear you! And if I were to speak as the misogynist divegeester does, using his words, I would say that you are talking like an "old woman."

On the other hand, speaking for myself, I would just say that you are speaking foolishly. Foolishness is not gender-specific, although age can have a bearing on it.

If ...[text shortened]... obably liked this song a lot more than you "like" me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMMHCI44oYs
Drew is not an old woman but I am, and I love it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19d

@moonbus said

moon,

I have to strongly disagree with your statement about shooting dogs. 😛

-VR