the clans - what can be done

the clans - what can be done

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Victor, New York

Moves
123d

@Very-Rusty sorry but this topic is the same as it has been for quite a number of years. The number of clans and challenges are down but the clan feature is alive and doing okay. Now, are there fewer clans accepting challenges from BB and Metallica? Sure, but that’s caused by how those clans have operated in the past.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
123d

@medullah said
Then why would I want to field a bid team? I would just play loads of 2/3 man games surely ?
Yes,you could do that Pete.
My idea was to encourage the smaller clans who can't field big teams to compete to be the most successful clan by winning the most games in a year with the fewest losses i.e a percentage
There's lots of issues here, sandbagging,boycotting Metallica etc and we must be careful not to confuse the issues.
My suggestion in site idea's hasn't had much response so probably nothing will change.
Possibly what is needed is Russ to send out a block pm to all active clan leaders listing the issues that are a concern to the few of us that use the clan and site idea's forums and asking for comments.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
123d
1 edit

@lstcyr said
@Very-Rusty sorry but this topic is the same as it has been for quite a number of years. The number of clans and challenges are down but the clan feature is alive and doing okay. Now, are there fewer clans accepting challenges from BB and Metallica? Sure, but that’s caused by how those clans have operated in the past.
Still sounds like your sour grapes over the past my old friend.

The reasoning to ask Clan Leaders not to play BB or Metallica is a whole new thing, unless you were unaware! Also showing poor sportsmanship in my opinion.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
123d
1 edit

@venda said
Yes,you could do that Pete.
My idea was to encourage the smaller clans who can't field big teams to compete to be the most successful clan by winning the most games in a year with the fewest losses i.e a percentage
There's lots of issues here, sandbagging,boycotting Metallica etc and we must be careful not to confuse the issues.
My suggestion in site idea's hasn't ha ...[text shortened]... hat are a concern to the few of us that use the clan and site idea's forums and asking for comments.
@venda,
Do you condone boycotting playing Metallica and BB? Are you saying only a certain few Clan Leaders be permitted to use the Site Idea's? I understood site ideas was for everyone, not a select few? I believe what goes on in the Clan Forums and Site Ideas is of concern to all subscribers. Even those who don't pay a yearly subscription and put up with the ads. 🙂

-VR

l

Victor, New York

Moves
123d

@very-rusty said
Still sounds like your sour grapes over the past my old friend.

The reasoning to ask Clan Leaders not to play BB or Metallica is a whole new thing, unless you were unaware! Also showing poor sportsmanship in my opinion.

-VR
We’ll have to just disagree. I think you are reading the comments and understanding them differently than I am and that can’t be reconciled.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
123d

@very-rusty said
@venda,
Do you condone boycotting playing Metallica and BB? Are you saying only a certain few Clan Leaders be permitted to use the Site Idea's? I understood site ideas was for everyone, not a select few? I believe what goes on in the Clan Forums and Site Ideas is of concern to all subscribers. Even those who don't pay a yearly subscription and put up with the ads. 🙂

-VR
You've misread my posts Bill, or perhaps I wasn't clear enough.
I'm not condoning boycotting anyone.
I think I said this was a separate issue to my proposal.
What I said about the forums is that only a few of us use them.
We could probably count on one hand the number of regular posters on the clan and site idea's forums.
If Russ were to ask for some feedback from all active clan leaders regarding the system it may spur them into joining our debate.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
123d

@venda said
You've misread my posts Bill, or perhaps I wasn't clear enough.
I'm not condoning boycotting anyone.
I think I said this was a separate issue to my proposal.
What I said about the forums is that only a few of us use them.
We could probably count on one hand the number of regular posters on the clan and site idea's forums.
If Russ were to ask for some feedback from all active clan leaders regarding the system it may spur them into joining our debate.
Perhaps only a few of them speak in them, but many see the written words.

My apology if you do not condone those who are boycotting playing Metallica and Breaking Bad. I may have skimmed over it too quickly. The clan challenges are becoming a joke when certain Clans refuse to play other clans, or want challenges which are in their favor.

-VR

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
122d

@very-rusty said
Perhaps only a few of them speak in them, but many see the written words.

My apology if you do not condone those who are boycotting playing Metallica and Breaking Bad. I may have skimmed over it too quickly. The clan challenges are becoming a joke when certain Clans refuse to play other clans, or want challenges which are in their favor.

-VR
O.k buddy.Have you any evidence that others look on the forums and stay silent?
Surely even a note "I agee/disagree" wouldn't take too much effort,or even resort to the silly thumbs thing?
I think clan leaders have every right to try and tilt challenges in their favour when mounting them.
It's up to the potential opponents to offer counter proposals until a compromise can be reached,or not in some cases.
This is work,and I suspect some leaders just can't be bothered and blindly accept whatever they are sent.
Anyway,I've made my suggestions of one possible route we could take.
I'm not expecting any miracles, but at least others will know what I think.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
122d
4 edits

@venda said
O.k buddy.Have you any evidence that others look on the forums and stay silent?
Surely even a note "I agee/disagree" wouldn't take too much effort,or even resort to the silly thumbs thing?
I think clan leaders have every right to try and tilt challenges in their favour when mounting them.
It's up to the potential opponents to offer counter proposals until a compromise can be ...[text shortened]... le route we could take.
I'm not expecting any miracles, but at least others will know what I think.
Not much anyone can do if the Clan leaders agree to accept lost challenges before a piece on the board is moved is there? Why do you think the decline in Clans? People see and understand what is going and want no part of it. I'd like to see things improve as I enjoy the Clan Challenge Feature.

What you or I think isn't all that important it is what other clan leaders do that has an affect on all people involved in the Clan challenges. Some just sit and don't say anything or even give thumb up or down for that matter. I am out spoken and will always say when I believe I see something under handed going on, my old friend.

I also, will not discuss personal P.M.'s with Clan Leaders or people in other clans.

-VR

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
122d

@very-rusty said
Not much anyone can do if the Clan leaders agree to accept lost challenges before a piece on the board is moved is there? Why do you think the decline in Clans? People see and understand what is going and want no part of it. I'd like to see things improve as I enjoy the Clan Challenge Feature.

What you or I think isn't all that important it is what other clan leaders d ...[text shortened]... iend.

I also, will not discuss personal P.M.'s with Clan Leaders or people in other clans.

-VR
I don't think there's much we can do about tactical resignations.
The only thing with a percentage based system would be clans wouldn't be hundreds of points in front of the pack on the table by employing such tactics.
After all, if a football team wins 1-0 or 8-0 they still only get 3 points.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
120d

@very-rusty said
You have an excellent point! I agree it would make things more fair for all.

The Clan rating would be a good answer for sure!

I have no idea how much work would be required with the coding or if it would be feasible for the site to do?

-VR
I like the rating just for clans. I have always liked that idea. But since I have been here for about 15 years? I see the same players a thousand times easily. I know them on every team. Unless they are new this very day. If leaders do their work aside from the TER, 90 day rating, they should research each and every player. That is what I have always done and still do. I've done it from my hospital bed.

If you research the players for 15 years? You will know 90 percent or more of what each player is really capable of doing. Which means putting in the work. This is like a full time job for me. I work hard at it and getting huge matches seems impossible for us. WE make a lot of smaller matches. It's not like IVV getting every single match where they get 10, 16, or 20+ points on almost every single match.

We get nothing handed to us. We work at it. Our players play a ton of games and play their hearts out.

My point, you can get to know all the players. We don't have as many as we use to.

But for now, I love the idea of a clan rating for the players.

That is my two cents.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
120d

@very-rusty said
@venda,

-VR
Rusty has been around longer than most, and on a team that has won more championships than anyone. I think Larry who has negative points has no answers.

I think we should look to people like Rusty, or Shortcircuit the leader of Metallica. These are players and leaders who know what they are doing more than most.

Everyone should be heard, but I would look to the ones who are successful and been around a long time. Good Post Rusty.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
120d

@lstcyr said
We’ll have to just disagree. I think you are reading the comments and understanding them differently than I am and that can’t be reconciled.
Well I finally agree with you. Rusty is reading and understanding them differently.

He is understanding all of it correctly, intellectually, and has ideas on how to fix it.

you are understanding it to. Just the wrong way. Rusty has won and been around far longer and knows how all these things work.

l

Victor, New York

Moves
120d

@VESPIN BS. Still waiting on that analysis of our games you were bragging about months ago.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
120d
1 edit

@vespin said
Rusty has been around longer than most, and on a team that has won more championships than anyone. I think Larry who has negative points has no answers.

I think we should look to people like Rusty, or Shortcircuit the leader of Metallica. These are players and leaders who know what they are doing more than most.

Everyone should be heard, but I would look to the ones who are successful and been around a long time. Good Post Rusty.
Thank You VESPIN,
I have learned a lot from many different people on this site and on other sites I am on. I have the outmost Respect for Shortcircuit leader of Metallica we spent 13 years in the same Clan with him as leader for most of those years, and now back at the helm again.
It is impossible to control what other Clan Leaders are doing and some of them in my humble opinion shouldn't even be Clan Leaders as they don't do their homework that has to be done checking out players. Giving loop sided challenges that is easy to see if you know the players.
I would rather work for points than have them handed to me on a silver platter as it appears IVV have accomplished by getting other clans to boycott playing Metallica or Breaking Bad. It would be a lame Victory indeed for them.

-VR