Questions for Biblical literalists.

Questions for Biblical literalists.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
84d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Ew.
There was no issues at that time including genetics 🧬 the life span was much longer. It wasn’t until later it was problematic, and culturally became taboo.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
83d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
There was no issues at that time including genetics 🧬 the life span was much longer. It wasn’t until later it was problematic, and culturally became taboo.
Do you have any scriptures Kelly?
It wasn’t until later it was problematic, and culturally became taboo.
Taboo? It was a commandment of God not to commit incest; nothing less.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
83d

@kingdavid403 said
Most of these questions can be answered by looking at the other books in the Jewish library. The bible is not the only source of credible information, neither is it a complete description of all that transpired in those days.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
83d

@rajk999 said
Most of these questions can be answered by looking at the other books in the Jewish library. The bible is not the only source of credible information, neither is it a complete description of all that transpired in those days.
I agree some. However, those other books cannot be used much as credible evidence at this time, seeing that they did not make it into the printed Bible.
Either way, please feel free to use any of the other books also.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
83d

@kingdavid403 said
I agree some. However, those other books cannot be used much as credible evidence at this time, seeing that they did not make it into the printed Bible.
Either way, please feel free to use any of the other books also.
A pointless discussion about whether or not Cain had sex with his sister really is not part of what the Bible was meant to provide. The Bible has enough for man to understand Gods purpose and to know what he needs to do to get eternal life.

God would have inspired dozens of other people whose writings did not make it into the Bible. Even if a man is not inspired that does not mean he is going to write a bunch of lies.

This idea that people have that only books that made it into the Bible are true, is ridiculous.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
83d

@rajk999 said
A pointless discussion about whether or not Cain had sex with his sister really is not part of what the Bible was meant to provide. The Bible has enough for man to understand Gods purpose and to know what he needs to do to get eternal life.

God would have inspired dozens of other people whose writings did not make it into the Bible. Even if a man is not inspired that do ...[text shortened]... .

This idea that people have that only books that made it into the Bible are true, is ridiculous.
I disagree that this is a pointless discussion. I do agree that many other things were written that we do not have easy access to today.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
83d

@kingdavid403 said
The long life in the scriptures shows fewer errors limiting life one of the genetic reasons interfamily marriages have similar issues is that another healthy family bloodline would not share the same issues to keep life healthy going forward. The law ended family interfamily marriages forbidding it through Moses, you can read in the OT that many people desired family to start their family before that occured.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
83d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
The long life in the scriptures shows fewer errors limiting life one of the genetic reasons interfamily marriages have similar issues is that another healthy family bloodline would not share the same issues to keep life healthy going forward. The law ended family interfamily marriages forbidding it through Moses, you can read in the OT that many people desired family to start their family before that occured.
you can read in the OT that many people desired family to start their family before that occurred.
Do you mean when Lot's daughters got their dad drunk and raped him in a cave when they were hiding? I don't think that adds much to you side of this debate.
Please show some Scriptures; or writings from other books.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
83d

@kingdavid403 said
you can read in the OT that many people desired family to start their family before that occurred.
Do you mean when Lot's daughters got their dad drunk and raped him in a cave when they were hiding? I don't think that adds much to you side of this debate.
Please show some scriptures.
Abraham, Issac, and Jacob off the top of my head.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
83d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Abraham, Issac, and Jacob off the top of my head.
Good points.
Abraham described Sara as his half sister through his dad; different mothers.
Isaac was first cousins with his wife.
Jacob's 2 wives were his nieces and they were sisters.
God's commandment against incest came soon after in Leviticus.

[Leviticus 18:6-18, 20 NKJV]
6 'None of you shall approach anyone who is near of kin to him, to uncover his nakedness: I [am] the LORD.
7 'The nakedness of your father or the nakedness of your mother you shall not uncover. She [is] your mother; you shall not uncover her nakedness.
8 'The nakedness of your father's wife you shall not uncover; it [is] your father's nakedness.
9 'The nakedness of your sister, the daughter of your father, or the daughter of your mother, [whether] born at home or elsewhere, their nakedness you shall not uncover.
10 'The nakedness of your son's daughter or your daughter's daughter, their nakedness you shall not uncover; for theirs [is] your own nakedness.
11 'The nakedness of your father's wife's daughter, begotten by your father--she [is] your sister--you shall not uncover her nakedness.
12 'You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's sister; she [is] near of kin to your father. 13 'You shall not uncover the nakedness of your mother's sister, for she [is] near of kin to your mother.
14 'You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's brother. You shall not approach his wife; she [is] your aunt.
15 'You shall not uncover the nakedness of your daughter-in-law--she [is] your son's wife--you shall not uncover her nakedness.
16 'You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother's wife; it [is] your brother's nakedness.
17 'You shall not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, nor shall you take her son's daughter or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness. They [are] near of kin to her. It [is] wickedness.
18 'Nor shall you take a woman as a rival to her sister, to uncover her nakedness while the other is alive. ...
20 'Moreover you shall not lie carnally with your neighbor's wife, to defile yourself with her.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
83d

@kingdavid403 said
Through God's creation of this world and universe at sometime. At sometime after Adam and Eve were created it seems, according to scriptures; but not necessarily created after Adam and Eve's fall from the Garden.. And, it seems that they were never in the garden; however, they still were in paradise until the fall of Adam and Eve.
We don't know how long Adam and ...[text shortened]... first man, was made from the dust of the earth, while Christ, the second man, came from heaven.[/b]
That’s a bit of a stretch just to explain one scripture about Cain’s fear.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
83d
1 edit

Regarding the “incest” thing; incest later is forbidden because of the genetic problems it causes. But consider Adam and Eve; Eve was literally made from Adam, from his modified DNA. One could argue that they were non identical twins and god told them to multiply so clearly there was no issue with “incest” (sic) at the beginning.

I’m with KellyJay on this; all people came from Adam and Eve but something happened with their DNA. We know this because they became physically mortal.

Furthermore I object to the idea of different races originating outside of Adam and Eve; doctrines like this lead inevitably to division, religious elitism and racism.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
83d
2 edits

@divegeester said
That’s a bit of a stretch just to explain one scripture about Cain’s fear.
It's a theory; not established fact.
What people do you think Cain was scared of?
Furthermore, God understood Cain's fears and put a mark on him to keep him safe.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
83d
2 edits

@kingdavid403 said
What people do you think Cain was scared of?
Furthermore, God understood Cain's fears and put a mark on him to keep him safe.
I don’t know.

But I do know that inventing a whole separate human species to fill a contextual void isn’t the solution, for the reasons I’ve given above.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
83d

@divegeester said
Regarding the “incest” thing; incest later is forbidden because of the genetic problems it causes. But consider Adam and Eve; Eve was literally made from Adam, from his modified DNA. One could argue that they were non identical twins and god told them to multiply so clearly there was no issue with “incest” (sic) at the beginning.

I’m with KellyJay on this; all people c ...[text shortened]... side of Adam and Eve; doctrines like this lead inevitably to division, religious elitism and racism.
👍