The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
19d

@kewpie said
All this talk of slimy things is giving me cravings for fresh vegetables.
Might I suggest our magnificent Bouillabaisse, accompanied with a nice Sauvignon Blanc, for you, torunn and “that other guy”.👍

Moves
19d

@earl-of-trumps said
I don't blame you, Torunn.
I won't eat oysters, periwinkles, snails, mussels, but... I really loves me my clams 🙂
Have you ever carefully observed the form of a mussel when it has been heated up? I love mussels!

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
19d

@torunn said
They look a bit inedible too, I must say. Are they a little slimy?
No, "slimy" would not be the right word, Torunn. They are very soft, as there are no bones or teeth.
They are great fried, steamed, or in a chowder. Awesome little devils lol

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
19d

@pettytalk said
Have you ever carefully observed the form of a mussel when it has been heated up? I love mussels!
To each there own, PT. I had relatives that liked mussels, but not me - and dang, I can pick them for free!

Do you like Calamari? I really like that with a little hot sauce on it.

Gothenburg

Moves
19d

@earl-of-trumps said
To each there own, PT. I had relatives that liked mussels, but not me - and dang, I can pick them for free!

Calamares frittos perhaps?

Moves
18d

@earl-of-trumps said

Squid is good too. Mmmm. Actually anything from the sea/lake is tasty. Blackened catfish is delectable.👍

Moves
18d

@earl-of-trumps said

Yes, calamari, octopus, and seppia (cuttlefish). When I'm overseas (you know where), and can get fresh seppia I make the "famous" Nero tomato sauce, using the ink pouch. Looks gross to those who have never seen or tasted it. I think that's where Mick Jagger got the idea for the Stones' song, Paint it Black. But don't quote me. I see a red door and I wanted to paint it black. The red tomato sauce becomes black with just a little of the ink from the cuttlefish.

Gothenburg

Moves
18d

@pettytalk said
Yes, calamari, octopus, and seppia (cuttlefish). When I'm overseas (you know where), and can get fresh seppia I make the "famous" Nero tomato sauce, using the ink pouch. Looks gross to those who have never seen or tasted it. I think that's where Mick Jagger got the idea for the Stones' song, Paint it Black. But don't quote me. I see a red door and I wanted to paint it black. The red tomato sauce becomes black with just a little of the ink from the cuttlefish.
(we know where?)

Moves
18d

@torunn said
(we know where?)
Let’s guess.👍 I’ll go first…if that’s OK. I’ll say🤔…in a blimp.

Gothenburg

Moves
18d

@great-big-stees said
Let’s guess.👍 I’ll go first…if that’s OK. I’ll say🤔…in a blimp.
Could be anywhere, couldn't it?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18d

I suppose I am a bit late for a green tea? 🙂

-VR

Moves
18d

@very-rusty said
I suppose I am a bit late for a green tea? 🙂

-VR
Never VR, we are here to serve our clientele. One Green tea coming up. Care to add a bit of food with that? Perhaps a nice Oyster crumpet?🤔😲😉

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
18d
1 edit

@torunn said
Calamares frittos perhaps?
Yes, Torunn, that is the Spanish spelling. It is fried squid

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
18d

@great-big-stees said
Squid is good too. Mmmm. Actually anything from the sea/lake is tasty. Blackened catfish is delectable.👍
Agreed! Blackened catfish is awesome.
We do not have good lake catfish where I am but I once had blackened catfish in a Cajun restaurant and went ape for it lol

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
18d

@pettytalk said
Now that's an imagination 🙂