leaving a tournament

leaving a tournament

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j
Jerryib

Moves
01 Apr 21

If I resign my games in a tournament, will my rating go down? I've just joined a tournament but really did not want 50 games all at once! As moves have already been made I don't seem to have the option to withdraw.

Australia

Moves
03 Apr 21

@jerryib1 said
If I resign my games in a tournament, will my rating go down? I've just joined a tournament but really did not want 50 games all at once! As moves have already been made I don't seem to have the option to withdraw.
If you resign immediately, before 2 moves are made, it doesn't affect your rating. It will still count as a loss in your statistics.

Moves
17 Apr 21

@kewpie said
If you resign immediately, before 2 moves are made, it doesn't affect your rating. It will still count as a loss in your statistics.
I don't think that's true, if you delete a game within 2 moves no rating points are lost, a resigned game is the same regardless of how many moves have been played.

SRB

Moves
04 May 21

@trev33 said
I don't think that's true, if you delete a game within 2 moves no rating points are lost, a resigned game is the same regardless of how many moves have been played.
I don't think you can delete a tournament game. I have two where the opponent hasn't made a move. Perhaps people enter them and then let them timeout to lower their rating?? The player is moving in other games.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
04 May 21

@relentless-red said
I don't think you can delete a tournament game. I have two where the opponent hasn't made a move. Perhaps people enter them and then let them timeout to lower their rating?? The player is moving in other games.
Remember, all tournament games are rated and you will not be able to delete any tournament games.
Pasted from the blurb

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
07 May 21

@venda said
Remember, all tournament games are rated and you will not be able to delete any tournament games.
Pasted from the blurb
The rule, no game with less than two full moves (twice white, twice black) are not rated stays anyway. So the games count into your stats, but no rating points are lost by resigning a fresh tournament game.

m

Moves
23 Jun 21

@jerryib1 said
Any tournament games <= 3moves are flagged as unrated. Rating won't be affected.
Quite easy to check. Just resign such a game and compare rating before/after.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
24 Jun 21

@mghrn55 said
Any tournament games <= 3moves are flagged as unrated. Rating won't be affected.
Quite easy to check. Just resign such a game and compare rating before/after.
It is <3 not <=3

DA

Moves
07 Aug 21