Asian Winter Games 2029

Asian Winter Games 2029

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
27 Feb 23

Will take part in Saudi Arabia.

They will even built a city (Trajena).

Sounds like another marketing gag to me.

Moves
28 Feb 23

This should probably be in general or debates.

What Saudi are doing have nothing to do with sports. Ok, maybe 2% sport.

I flew into Riyadh a few years ago on a stopover, miles and miles and flat sand.

If they want Ronaldo to play there or host boxing matches, fine but a winter games will just destroy the environment.

Crazy.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
26 Mar 23

@a-unique-nickname said
This should probably be in general or debates.

What Saudi are doing have nothing to do with sports. Ok, maybe 2% sport.

I flew into Riyadh a few years ago on a stopover, miles and miles and flat sand.

If they want Ronaldo to play there or host boxing matches, fine but a winter games will just destroy the environment.

Crazy.
Correct Trev.
All the Saudi's want is the money and publicity

Moves
26 Mar 23

@venda said
Correct Trev.
All the Saudi's want is the money and publicity
Certainly money, which they “give in spades” $$$$$$$$$$$$ to pro golfers. Think LIV.🏌️‍♂️🤔

Moves
359d
1 edit

@ponderable said
Will take part in Saudi Arabia.

They will even built a city (Trajena).

Sounds like another marketing gag to me.
May take part in Saudi Arabia. Trojena is running behind already, and there are only so many Sri Lankan semi-slave workers whose dead bodies you can throw at a project before it starts working against you.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
355d

@shallow-blue said
May take part in Saudi Arabia. Trojena is running behind already, and there are only so many Sri Lankan semi-slave workers whose dead bodies you can throw at a project before it starts working against you.
In the wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2029_Asian_Winter_Games

one source they give is: https://ocasia.org/news/3399-saudi-arabias-trojena-neom-city-to-host-remarkable-asian-winter-games-2029.html

and that is from the official Olympic committee of Asia website, so I assume this to be a done deal.