Shootings

Shootings

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
70d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A Freudian slip perhaps?
I can believe that.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
70d

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Perhaps the twisting you claim that we do is in fact your blindness as to what the scriptures are actually saying???????????

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
70d

@galveston75 said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Perhaps the twisting you claim that we do is in fact your blindness as to what the scriptures are actually saying???????????
I've studied most of the Christian denominations/sects, and along with the Mormons, yours is the most deviated from scripture.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
70d

The Jehovah's Witness movement's leaders have been accused of practicing doctrinal inconsistencies and making doctrinal reversals, making failed predictions, mistranslating the Bible, harshly treating former Jehovah's Witnesses, and leading the Jehovah's Witness movement in an autocratic and coercive manner.

Wiki

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
70d

@galveston75 said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Why does your church keep flip flopping on whether Jesus (cough cough Michael) should be worshipped?

Initially, JWs taught that Jesus should be worshiped, and then only receive “relative” worship (the worship of Jehovah through Jesus), before finally his worship being flat out forbidden.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
70d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I've studied most of the Christian denominations/sects, and along with the Mormons, yours is the most deviated from scripture.
That is why they needed to rewrite the BIble [New World Translation], and change some of the words. But what does it for me is the fact that they have, over the last 100 years made thousands of prophesies about the coming of Christ, even stating dates and time of Christ's return. They are the false prophets that Christ said to be wary of. So be wary.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
70d

@rajk999 said
That is why they needed to rewrite the BIble [New World Translation], and change some of the words. But what does it for me is the fact that they have, over the last 100 years made thousands of prophesies about the coming of Christ, even stating dates and time of Christ's return. They are the false prophets that Christ said to be wary of. So be wary.
Making prophesies about something in the relative future (20 years or so) is good for recruitment purposes. The problem arises when the date actually arrives and nothing happens and they are left claiming it was an error in calculation.

Moves
69d

@moonbus said
There is no uncertainty about it at all. She was Miriamne, the one he married and with whom he had a child.
You have been reading Dan Brown!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
69d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Making prophesies about something in the relative future (20 years or so) is good for recruitment purposes. The problem arises when the date actually arrives and nothing happens and they are left claiming it was an error in calculation.
Yes, but with rational thinking people that should have backfired and they would have lost their congregation after a few failed prophecies. That says something about people and the way they think. I posted this before but it never gets old. Here is what Carl Sagan said about the JW prophecies for those who are new to this discussion :

One prominent American religion confidently predicted that the world would end in 1914. Well, 1914 has come and gone, and - whole the events of that year were certainly of some importance - the world did not, at least so far as I can see, seem to have ended.

There are at least three responses that an organized religion can make in the face of such a failed and fundamental prophecy. They could have said, Oh, did we say '1914'? So sorry, we meant '2014'. A slight error in calculation. Hope you weren't inconvinenced in any way. But they did not. They could have said, Well, the world would have ended, except we prayed very hard and interceded with God so He spared the Earth. But they did not. Instead, the did something much more ingenious. They announced that the world had in fact ended in 1914, and if the rest of us hadn't noticed, that was our lookout.

It is astonishing in the fact of such transparent evasions that this religion has any adherents at all. But religions are tough. Either they make no contentions which are subject to disproof or they quickly redesign doctrine after disproof. The fact that religions can be so shamelessly dishonest, so contemptuous of the intelligence of their adherents, and still flourish does not speak very well for the tough- mindedness of the believers. But it does indicate, if a demonstration was needed, that near the core of the religious experience is something remarkably resistant to rational inquiry. [Carl Sagan, Broca's Brain]

Moves
69d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
"The problem arises when the date actually arrives and nothing happens and they are left claiming it was an error in calculation."

I'm going to shoot off my big mouth, as they say. The error is that they are all using the wrong books for their calculations. They don't seem to understand and get it through their heads what Jesus had to say about his return.

In Matthew the Man said: “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

In Luke, Jesus' points out clearly that he himself DOES NOT KNOW WHEN HE'LL BE BACK AGAIN. "But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

The problem of the problem is that no one knows the Father of Jesus, because nearly all Christians have been made to believe that Jesus himself is his own Father.

Find the Father first, and then look for the correct calculations for the Second Advent. Then we can tell Jesus to wake up, because it's about time he came back, especially if Trump is again given free access to the BIG RED Nuclear button, and makes Christianity the law of the land. He's partner in crime, Putin, did!

They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

Peter, Paul & Mary - Leaving on a Jet Plane.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
69d

@pettytalk said
"The problem arises when the date actually arrives and nothing happens and they are left claiming it was an error in calculation."

I'm going to shoot off my big mouth, as they say. The error is that they are all using the wrong books for their calculations. They don't seem to understand and get it through their heads what Jesus had to say about his return.

In Matthe ...[text shortened]... ."

Peter, Paul & Mary - Leaving on a Jet Plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2m--R3J6f4
As usual, the Bible is inconsistent on this:

'When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.'

Matthew 10:23

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
69d

@divegeester said
Why are you back here?
To hang out within your wonderful presence......

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
69d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It should be. To deviate doesn't automatically mean it's wrong from the original.
The oldest original writings found never in the least teach the trinity.
Is the trinity a bible teaching? No but it was formulated in Babylon which was the seat of most false religious teachings that are believed in today. It was never taught in any way to Christians until the 4th century CE.....
So who deviated?
If you happen to be interested, check it out online under "history of the trinity"...

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
69d

@galveston75 said
It should be. To deviate doesn't automatically mean it's wrong from the original.
The oldest original writings found never in the least teach the trinity.
Is the trinity a bible teaching? No but it was formulated in Babylon which was the seat of most false religious teachings that are believed in today. It was never taught in any way to Christians until the 4th centu ...[text shortened]... ho deviated?
If you happen to be interested, check it out online under "history of the trinity"...
No, the Trinity is not a biblical teaching. But then neither is Jesus being Michael.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
69d

@galveston75 said
To hang out within your wonderful presence......
No really… given your criticism of the members of this forum in your OP, why are you suddenly back here!

Is it to promote and present the “shooting” you reference in your OP as evidence that JWs are persecuted because you believe your church is the sole representative of God’s word on earth?