Growing up in  Jehovah Witness home

Growing up in Jehovah Witness home

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
50d

@galveston75

Your founder said Jesus retained his divinity. Was he wrong?

Simple question.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
50d

@very-rusty said
Your message NOTED: You don't have to keep repeating it.
I’m just replying to every time you asked me.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
50d

@very-rusty said
People sometimes try to include the whole Religion from what some are doing.

Like gooster for example a Christian? Not all Christians are as unkind as he is to people.

-VR
Awww come here Rustus, let me give you a big hug!

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
50d

@divegeester said
You “unequivocally condemn” every behaviour you “haven’t personally seen” ?
No I unequivacally condemn this behavior if it is true.

Moves
50d

I'm a Jehovah witness, literally. Jehovah is my Uncle, and he often came to my home for dinner when I lived with my parents. Therefore, literally, I grew up in a home where I can attest to having seen Jehovah... making me a witness.

On the serious side, I can only say that, regardless of all the shortcomings attributed to the JW Christian cult, they have truth on their side for guessing that the Father and the Son are two fully separate and independent Beings. The idea of the Trinity is an abomination. As for the rest, I can only say all of Christendom is a cult, and each sect/denomination has their own peculiar ways, and TRADITIONS. All of Christianity has betrayed Christ, bar none. Christ and True Christianity, in a nutshell, is simply this: Love the Father Creator, and Brotherly Love. How all these many different understandings, traditions, customs, and rituals have come from the simple act of Love is more than a mystery to me.

The English word "tradition" is rooted in Latin, specifically in the term "traditore," which means "to betray." The Latin word "traditore" comes from "transdare," a combination of "trans" (across) and "dare" (to hand, to give). This Latin term was used to describe those who handed over sacred scriptures or betrayed their fellow Christians to the Roman authorities during the Roman persecutions. The term "traditore" is the source of the modern words "traitor" and "treason," reflecting the act of betrayal or handing over something detrimental to one's own group or cause.

It's rather obvious that all Christian sects and denominations have been taken, one way or another, away from Christ. The fact that they do not follow Christ's commandment to love one another, as seen through the separation from one another is proof enough.

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Philadelphia, the city of Brotherly Love. The name “Philadelphia” is Greek in origin. It’s comprised of two Greek roots. The Greek translation is literally “brotherly love.”

“To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:

These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth."

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
50d

@rajk999 said
Why would someone take the trouble to write about their own life story and not tell the truth? I wont doubt that is possible but it was be rare. These are life stories which are written because the person is troubled and damaged emotionally.

I know of JW families who, although not physically abusinng children, they deprive them of birthdays, Mothers day, Christmas Day and ...[text shortened]... sts among their peers.

There is no biblical support for imposing such restrictions on children.
@Rajk999

What is the biblical support for celebrating Mother's day and Xmas? You know full well that Christmas is a pagan festival built around Saturnalia.

As for birthdays the only two mentioned in the bible saw people die, in particular John the Baptist.

Which of the disciples or early Christians celebrated their birthdays - just name one? one?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
50d

@divegeester said
I’m just replying to every time you asked me.
Seriously?....You keep asking the same question whether you get an answer or not.

Here is hint: If you don't get an answer you are either being ignored or the person didn't see it or both. 🙂

-VR

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
50d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
@galveston75

Your founder said Jesus retained his divinity. Was he wrong?

Simple question.
Although your question is aimed at Galveston I'd like to hear your definition of "divine".

Jesus was always the son of God in all Christian denominations that I'm aware of.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
50d

@very-rusty said
They don't sound like Very Good People to me.

I was under the impression JW'S didn't drink?

By the way just for the record I did think the other one was your story.

-VR
Unlike many other Christian sects/denominations/variations they don't take life. You won't get a JW pilot flying a mission for the US air force, bombing a fellow Christians in say Syria or Iraq, then writing it off conveniently as "collateral damage". They don't kill.

If the Christians in the European theater during WW2 had taken a similar approach one has to wonder if there would have a been either a WW2 or an extermnation of the Jews.

On the note about the Jews, the JWs (after the Jews) were the second largest group to die at the hands of he Nazi's.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
50d

@medullah said
Unlike many other Christian sects/denominations/variations they don't take life. You won't get a JW pilot flying a mission for the US air force, bombing a fellow Christians in say Syria or Iraq, then writing it off conveniently as "collateral damage". They don't kill.

If the Christians in the European theater during WW2 had taken a similar approach one has to wonder if t ...[text shortened]... t the Jews, the JWs (after the Jews) were the second largest group to die at the hands of he Nazi's.
What biblical substantiation do you have for Christians, JWs, or any other branch of Christianity, being pacifists?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
50d

@divegeester said
What biblical substantiation do you have for Christians, JWs, or any other branch of Christianity, being pacifists?
@divegeester,
Would you consider yourself to be a good Christian? Do you follow all the rules of the Church?

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
50d

@medullah said
Although your question is aimed at Galveston I'd like to hear your definition of "divine".

Jesus was always the son of God in all Christian denominations that I'm aware of.
I'm waiting for Galverston to agree with the founder of his church, that Jesus was divine, and then to explain why this divinity isn't worthy of worship.

If you fragment divinity, isn't that the slippery slope to polytheism? Can you have varying levels of divinity? - Jesus was divine,....but not quite as divine as God.

It's all very messy.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
50d

@very-rusty said
@divegeester,
Would you consider yourself to be a good Christian? Do you follow all the rules of the Church?

-VR
I have no idea what your phrase “good Christian” means, perhaps you could define it please?

I’m not a member of any church which has “rules”; what type of “rules” do you have in mind?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
50d

@divegeester said
I have no idea what your phrase “good Christian” means, perhaps you could define it please?

I’m not a member of any church which has “rules”; what type of “rules” do you have in mind?
You claim to be a Christian, yet you don't know what makes a good Christian, I find that odd. 🙂

-VR

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
50d

@very-rusty said
You claim to be a Christian, yet you don't know what makes a good Christian, I find that odd. 🙂

-VR
Your finding it odd that I have no definition of what a good Christian is, is noted.

You claim to be a Catholic, do you have a definition of what a good Catholic is? If so perhaps you could start from there and see what you can develop in terms of what a “good Christian” is.

Hope that helps.