Call out for beta testers

Call out for beta testers

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
65d
1 edit

As the current work comes to an end (see Thread 195428) after a rather longer than intended period of development*, I would like to get some eye balls on it and early feedback.

This will not be an open beta, so I would like some volunteers who I can grant access who can then spend a week or so making some moves and using the web site as they would during their daily routine - and provide feedback about any problems.

This may start as early as the end of next week, depending on how internal testing progresses. Thanks in advance.

*This is a massive understatement.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
65d

@Russ
I'm still a member of the RHP Beta testers club, and I'm on here every day, so I'll give it a test drive.
Will you be putting the BETA link there?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
65d

@mwmiller

Thanks, I'll message everyone individually, but results can be discussed here.

rain

Moves
65d

I'd be down.

c

Moves
65d

Send me a link. As long as there is some rapid/bullet chess I can test.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
65d

@congruent

The live chess is aiming to be just as it is now, for now, so don't expect improvements there yet.

Sometimes half the work is making things function as they did before - but the live chess has not received any attention other than making it compatible with other changes elsewhere. Live rating are on the radar after this release though. (Back dated over all existing played games too.)

Über-Nerd

Moves
64d

@Russ

I'm in.

Australia

Moves
64d

I'm in.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
64d

I'm in

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
57d

I hoped to make this available for the weekend and next week, but missed that target due to issues found in testing. Apologies for the delay - hopefully the call out for testers will not be too premature.

Über-Nerd

Moves
57d

@Russ

Will we be getting board coordinates for FENs and PGNs inserted into threads?

Moves
56d

I'd be happy to test.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
56d

@moonbus

Yes, and a year ago it was done too. Thread 195428. (The last year has been on fast forward for sure!)

Obviously this kind of delay isn't great, but soon I'll be back to being in a position to push out changes to production again relatively quickly.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
55d

I’m happy to help.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
52d

Thanks all. If tomorrow goes as planned, then I should be contacting you each with access details.

All clan admin will be turned off for more testing, but other than that, it should be all good. I'll provide details tomorrow hopefully.