#Vacation

#Vacation

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CE

Moves
23 Mar 23
1 edit

I am a member of Daily Chess and took a scheduled 2 day vacation. I thought that during this time period my time clock was supposed to stop. But the move time kept counting down. Can anyone help clarify how this works? I checked the FAQ already and it said that the vacation setting prevents you from timing out.

Moves
23 Mar 23

Your clock still goes down but if it goes down to zero you can't be timed out.

So if you were heading away for a few weeks it's best to start the vacation when you'd be at risk of timeout.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
25 Mar 23

@cook-ely said
I am a member of Daily Chess and took a scheduled 2 day vacation. I thought that during this time period my time clock was supposed to stop. But the move time kept counting down. Can anyone help clarify how this works? I checked the FAQ already and it said that the vacation setting prevents you from timing out.
I have suggested more than once that "vacation " should be renamed "timeout protection" to make this function clearer

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
28 Mar 23

@venda said
I have suggested more than once that "vacation " should be renamed "timeout protection" to make this function clearer
and the suggestion was supported numerous times.

Moves
28 Mar 23

@ponderable said
and the suggestion was supported numerous times.
Maybe this would help lame endings out😁!