Al Sharpton rips the campus rioters

Al Sharpton rips the campus rioters

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
14d

"How do the Democrats, how do all of us on that side say January 6th was wrong if you can have the same pictures going on on college campuses?"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2024/05/02/al_sharpton_how_can_democrats_say_january_6th_was_wrong_if_the_same_thing_is_happening_on_college_campuses.html

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
14d

@sh76 said
"How do the Democrats, how do all of us on that side say January 6th was wrong if you can have the same pictures going on on college campuses?"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2024/05/02/al_sharpton_how_can_democrats_say_january_6th_was_wrong_if_the_same_thing_is_happening_on_college_campuses.html
Because the campus protesters are not trying to overthrow the US government?

If the campus protesters march to Washington and sit on the lawn or occupy various buildings, I’ll argue for restraint.

If the campus protesters march to Washington to try to stop the democratic transfer of power, I’ll argue for jail time.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
14d

@spruce112358 said
You sure? LOL. I think a lot of them would gladly overthrow Western Civilization if they could figure out how to do it without killing the WiFi.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14d

@sleepyguy said
You sure? LOL. I think a lot of them would gladly overthrow Western Civilization if they could figure out how to do it without killing the WiFi.
If they want to overthrow the government they should probably go after the government, not universities.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
14d

@sh76 said

I'm a Democrat and I don't support this activity. Its counterproductive and ineffective, so let us not wander into the murky depths of stereotyping Democrats. All 80+ million of us don't think exactly alike. 😉

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
14d

@sh76 said

Because one is students occupying a university building, the other are redneck rioters attacking a government building…

Maybe?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
14d

@spruce112358 said

If the campus protesters march to Washington and sit on the lawn or occupy various buildings, I’ll argue for restraint.

If the campus protesters march to Washington to try to stop the democratic transfer of power, I’ll argue for jail time.
So, you're saying the difference is intent?

What if it were proven that the intent of a protester is to destroy Israel and harass Jews?

Would that make it illegal in your mind?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
14d

@shavixmir said
Because one is students occupying a university building, the other are redneck rioters attacking a government building…

Maybe?
Obviously, the "who" is irrelevant. Students don't have more rights than rednecks.

So the only difference that is left is university building vs. government building.

What if it's a state school? Doesn't that make the university building a government building?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14d

@sh76 said
So, you're saying the difference is intent?

What if it were proven that the intent of a protester is to destroy Israel and harass Jews?

Would that make it illegal in your mind?
If they broke the law it would be a hate crime not an insurrection.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14d

@sh76 said

Could you show these "same" pictures? I haven't seen any of large mobs of the college protestors attacking police like occurred on January 6th.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
14d

@athousandyoung said
Is one better and one worse?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
14d

@no1marauder said
Could you show these "same" pictures? I haven't seen any of large mobs of the college protestors attacking police like occurred on January 6th.
Ask Al

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14d

@sh76 said
Ask Al
So there are none.

Thanks for sharing.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
14d

@sh76 said
Obviously, the "who" is irrelevant. Students don't have more rights than rednecks.

So the only difference that is left is university building vs. government building.

What if it's a state school? Doesn't that make the university building a government building?
It’s not the fukking seat of government, you incellic gimp!

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
14d

@athousandyoung said
Let's play a little thought experiment.

Imagine we're at Trump's inauguration in 2016. After his wild rant about blood in the streets that passed as his inauguration speech, he and Barack Obama shook hands.

Imagine at that moment that two people charged from the crowd with knives.

Person A heads for Obama, intent on killing him because he hates black people.

Person B for Trump, intent on killing him because he is terrified as to what a Trump administration would do for the country.

Is there a clear answer as to whether Person A or B is worse?