Draw offered indicated

Draw offered indicated

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
25 Nov 20
1 edit

Previously it was not clear that a draw had been offered along with a move, but now My Games and the board itself will clearly indicate that a draw was offered with the last move.

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
26 Nov 20

Sadly the only thing that shows up in my mailbox is 'You lost a game'. 😢

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Nov 20

@montymoose said
Sadly the only thing that shows up in my mailbox is 'You lost a game'. 😢
Hey look on the bright side, you've won a few more than you've lost, not everyone can say that! 😉

-VR

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
29 Nov 20

Won 959
Lost 974

Yeah, rub salt in the wound, "friend". 😠
In my defense. quite a few of these are timed-out on those occasions I stop playing for months at a time.

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
04 Dec 20

@Russ

I don't suppose there is any chance that a {=} comment/marker could be added to the move in the pgn when a draw offer is made? It can be helpful sometimes when reviewing the game afterwards to know when a draw offer was made.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
04 Dec 20
1 edit

@ragwort said
@Russ

I don't suppose there is any chance that a {=} comment/marker could be added to the move in the pgn when a draw offer is made? It can be helpful sometimes when reviewing the game afterwards to know when a draw offer was made.
This has been suggested in "Site Ideas" multiple times… Maybe we should make a new start?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Dec 20

@Ragwort

If this is added there is one caveat - right now draw offers are not recorded with a move, so any future update would not apply to all historical games.

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
04 Dec 20

@Russ

Thanks for considering. To get round this I have often sent an in game message on the move with the draw offer so that it would show in the game history. I believe doing so has distracted some opponents who have replied that they would accept but have not clicked the accept draw button. I appreciate this is very much a first world problem.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Jan 21

@montymoose said
Won 959
Lost 974

Yeah, rub salt in the wound, "friend". 😠
In my defense. quite a few of these are timed-out on those occasions I stop playing for months at a time.
Opps sorry about that, I must have been looking at different stats.

-VR