Unable to Book Holiday

Unable to Book Holiday

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
364d

I have no games waiting and am unable to book an time off. Any ideas anyone?

RHP Member No.16

Moves
364d

@medullah
I just tried setting up a vacation and it appeared to work fine for me.
I went to the vacation setting page, clicked the dates for when I wanted to start and end,
then went to the bottom of the page and clicked 'BOOK', and it appeared to be set up.

Are those the steps that you used?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
364d

First of all thank you for tryig to help, appreciated.

I did try the steps that you outkined , and i get this message even with no games to play

"You must move in all games at risk of timeout before your vacation ends. Please book additional days accordingly."

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
364d

I tried it from a different device and it worked a treat, so thanks again 🙂

RHP Member No.16

Moves
364d

@medullah
The main thing to remember is vacation protection does not stop the clock.
In any game where it's your move, your clock is still running down.
Vacation protection only prevents your opponent from claiming a win when your time is all gone.
That's why you need to make a move in your games before the vacation protection expires.

B

Moves
305d

@mwmiller - A question on vacation. I play primarily 3 days / move + 7 day time bank games, and I am going to off the site for about 14 days. If I understand it correctly, there would be no reason to start my vacation on RHP until perhaps 9 days into my vacation, and extend it for a few days after I get back, because my time banks will run down whether I have a RHP vacation booked or not. Is that correct?

RHP Member No.16

Moves
305d

@bigdata1969 said
@mwmiller - A question on vacation. I play primarily 3 days / move + 7 day time bank games, and I am going to off the site for about 14 days. If I understand it correctly, there would be no reason to start my vacation on RHP until perhaps 9 days into my vacation, and extend it for a few days after I get back, because my time banks will run down whether I have a RHP vacation booked or not. Is that correct?
That sounds about right to me. Just be aware that I'm just offering my own opinion here, so I recommend that you use feedback if you need confirmation on how the vacation option works.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
305d

Vacations offer timeout protection, but the clock still ticks.

Your regular timeout period resets after a move, but timebank period does not.

So in hardcore timebank only games, vacation offers little protection from timeout as your timebank will have expired once your vacation protection ends.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
305d

@russ said
Vacations offer timeout protection, but the clock still ticks.

Your regular timeout period resets after a move, but timebank period does not.

So in hardcore timebank only games, vacation offers little protection from timeout as your timebank will have expired once your vacation protection ends.
Hey Russ, I have a question about hardcore timebank only games.
Are they only found in tournaments? I have not seen them as an option anywhere else.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
302d

@bigdata1969 said
That's exactly right.That's what I do
Just think of the function as timeout protection