Abandoned Welcome Games

Abandoned Welcome Games

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 Nov 19
2 edits

If you volunteer as a Greeter (thank you!), then you will notice that games pile up from new sign ups, who then go on to make no moves.

These games will now be removed each night (a minimum of 24 hours after creation) if there is no activity from the new player.

Hopefully this will unburden Greeters from the admin work of removing games which are highly unlikely to ever be played.

edit : Just want to credit @Hanzii with this suggestion.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
14 Nov 19

@russ said
If you volunteer as a Greeter (thank you!), then you will notice that games pile up from new sign ups, who then go on to make no moves.

These games will now be removed each night (a minimum of 24 hours after creation) if there is no activity from the new player.

Hopefully this will unburden Greeters from the admin work of removing games which are highly unlikely to ever be played.
Hi Russ, thank you for that. I normally allowed them to mature to a ripe age of 72 Hours 😉

l

Victor, New York

Moves
14 Nov 19

@Russ Thank you for the change. I enjoy being a greeter but wasn’t fond of removing the games from non-movers. Larry

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
14 Nov 19

No problem and thanks! I usually wait the normal 10 days, but this will keep my supply a little more fresh!

Copenhagen

Moves
14 Nov 19

@Russ

Thanks so much for your help, you are quick at fixing the annoying stuff :-) 🙂
BR Hanzii

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
05 Jan 20
1 edit

Seems that the feature has worked well last year not so much this year. I have one game which sits unstarted and was not removed:
Game 13564404

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
06 Jan 20

@Ponderable

Assuming you didn't delete this yourself....this game was deleted automatically as it should (eventually)?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
06 Jan 20

@russ said
@Ponderable

Assuming you didn't delete this yourself....this game was deleted automatically as it should (eventually)?
yes it was maybe I was a tad impatient here. I saw that it had not seen its second midnight